It was a big year for Habele and the students and schools it serves across Micronesia.
The non-profit was established in 2006 by former Peace Corps Volunteers who lived and taught in these small, scattered islands. Each year since, Habele issues a report to volunteers and donors offering an overview of it’s work.
According to the report, in 2022 the charity:
- awarded 56 tuition scholarships to students at Micronesian elementary and high schools
- donated 81 boxes of books to public school-based libraries
- provided 2,222 books directly to young children, from birth to five years old
- equipped public and private high schools with 80 boxes of robotics and 3D printing equipment
- provisioned traditional carvers and weavers with 60 boxes of tools, equipment and supplies for their work as mentors
Learn more about Habele work throughout 2022 in the annual report.
You must log in to post a comment.