It was a big year for Habele and the students and schools it serves across Micronesia.
The non-profit was established in 2006 by former Peace Corps Volunteers who lived and taught in these small, scattered islands. Each year since, Habele issues a report to volunteers and donors offering an overview of it’s work.
According to the report, in 2022 the charity:
- awarded 56 tuition scholarships to students at Micronesian elementary and high schools
- donated 81 boxes of books to public school-based libraries
- provided 2,222 books directly to young children, from birth to five years old
- equipped public and private high schools with 80 boxes of robotics and 3D printing equipment
- provisioned traditional carvers and weavers with 60 boxes of tools, equipment and supplies for their work as mentors
Learn more about Habele work throughout 2022 in the annual report.